Demo Bikes Monmouth
At Ace Bicycles, we believe the best way to choose your next bike is to demo the bike properly; with the correct setup out on the terrain you regularly ride.
We have a large range of demo bikes on offer and if we don’t have it we’ll work with the brand directly to arrange a demo for you at a time that suits.
Forbidden Druid Large and XL
- 29er or Mullet
The no holds barred Druid XT was specced from the ground up with performance and rock-solid reliability in mind, two elements you’ll want when you hit the terrain this tearaway was designed for. Our ‘One Ride’ geometry philosophy ensures consistent sizing across the spectrum, giving riders of all shapes and sizes a shared ride experience aboard the Druid. The 65.6-degree head tube angle, an ‘actual’ seat tube angle and stack height that increases per size back this up and the front and rear centres, which similarly grow per size, dish out one of the most balanced rides going. With 150mm travel up front and 130mm in the rear, combined with a suspension system that eliminates unwanted and detrimental drivetrain forces, the Druid XT will be begging you to go places few trail bikes dare.
Forbidden Dreadnought - Large
- 29 or Mullet
Taking our proven High Pivot Trifecta suspension system and One Ride geometry and turning it up to eleven, the 154mm travel Dreadnought represents a bike for the risk-takers and senders out there. Boasting an unmatched and unrivalled level of composure and balance, boosted further by the slack 63.5-degree head angle and proportional rear centres, that grow 14mm per-size, our industry-leading One Ride geometry also delivers a consistent ride experience across the size spectrum. Confident in the face of adversity, the Dreadnought is a bike quite unlike any other before it. Ziggy Link compatible, dual crown ready and open to interpretation, dream building a Dreadnought knows no bounds and neither does it.
Specialized Kenevo SL Comp S3, S4 and S5
The all new Specailized Kevevo SL in an S3 and S4 with an S5 arriving shortly.
The ultimate lightweight half-fat e-bikes are now available in store, with a S3,S4 and S5 Kenevo SL Comp available to demo.
Weigh Less, Way More…..
Power up to trail riding’s next level and rip the biggest trails like never before. The Kenevo Super Light is a featherweight e-MTB that redefines big mountain performance with a one-of-a-kind combination of light weight, responsiveness, and capability. Ultra-responsive handling and big mountain capability amplified by the benefits of our 240-watt Turbo Super Light system enables you to flow up, over, and through the biggest trails in ways that were previously impossible.
How Demos Work
- Call the shop, fill in the contact form below or visit the store to book a demo for a time and day that suits you.
- To reserve the bike and secure the demo date we’ll take a demo fee in full – £75 for all full suspension or £100 for e-bikes.
- When you collect the bike, the staff member handing over the bike will do a proper in-depth setup with you, looking at more that just the sag! We will open up forks and shocks while you’re in the shop to make sure the bike is setup as best as possible. We can also look at changing controls and contact points if needed to further improve on the experience where possible.
- Once the bike is ready you’ll need to complete a demo form in store or via e-mail. A credit card authorisation for the value of the bike will be needed and a photo ID will be required at this point.
- You will need to complete this form (click)
- Then off you go for a ride.
- When finished, drop the bike back, discuss your thoughts with us and we’ll look further into options or setup where needed.
Cost: £200 refundable against a bike purchase.
Time: This tends to take from 4 – 6 hours.
This is a 1-on-1 riding session with Tobias or Gareth, the shop owners, who have a wealth of experience setting up suspension and bikes with customers on a personal level from years either working for Fox Suspension or British Cycling.
Trust us, they have a very keen eye for detail!
We will meet you at the Pedalabikeaway Cycle Centre, in the Forest of Dean.
We can also discuss the option of bringing up to two or more demo bikes at a time to allow for back to back testing. Throughout the session they then ride with you watching the way you ride to help fine tune setup to you exactly. These settings are then all noted and transferred into your new/current bike so from day one it rides exactly how it did on the demo ride.
To book this option, please fill in the form below, pick up the phone or pop into the shop to discuss things further, the coffee is always on at Ace Bicycles Monmouth!